Bid Information and Requirements
- Formal bid Plans and Specifications are available only in hard copy form as detailed in the Notice Inviting Bids. For questions or to obtain Plans and Specifications on a Public Works project, please contact (626) 932-5575. Plans and Specs are NOT available at City Hall, unless otherwise stated.
- There is no charge for downloading Request for Proposal documents, when available.
- Bids and responses to Requests for Proposals must be submitted to the City Clerk's Office.
- The City's solicitation of bids is an invitation to deal and not an offer of a contract; a legally binding contract will only be made when a purchase order is issued or following City Council approval.
- The City does not maintain a master vendor list.
- The City does not currently accept general requests for notification of future bidding opportunities.
Monrovia Renewal South Area Infrastructure Improvements
- Department:Public Works
- Start Date:09/07/2017 9:00 AM
- Close Date:10/04/2017 2:00 PM
Scope of Work
The Project includes, without limitation, furnishing all necessary labor, materials, equipment and other incidental and appurtenant Work necessary to satisfactorily complete the Project, as more specifically described in the Contract Documents. This Work will be performed in strict conformance with the Contract Documents, permits from regulatory agencies with jurisdiction, and applicable regulations. The quantity of Work to be performed and materials to be furnished are approximations only, being given as a basis for the comparison of Bids. Actual quantities of Work to be performed may vary at the discretion of the City Engineer.
The Project Includes: Demolition of: asphalt pavement, pulverization of pavement, saw cut concrete and asphalt, including the removal of: concrete curb and gutter, sidewalk, driveways, cross gutter, curb ramps, cold mill of AC pavement, and AC pavement. Construction of: AC pavement, concrete: curb and gutter, sidewalk, drive approaches, curb ramps, cross gutters, longitudinal gutters, transitional curbs, parkway drains, cape seal, slurry seal, adjust utilities, adjust manholes, storm water catch basins, local depressions, 8” & 12” storm water pipe, pipe to catch basin connection, manhole pipe to pipe, grated catch basins, drywells - single and double chambered, traffic control, SWPPP, erosion control, and public notification. This project also includes: removing and replacing asphalt pavement, sewer bypass and dewatering/pumping, grinding asphalt paving, removing, and installation of: 1”, 1½”, 2”, Water Services, and abandoning existing water services. The project also includes: pre and post CCTV, inspection of sewer pipe lines, removing and replacing sewer line sections and wyes, installation of lateral connections, lateral reinstatement, CIPP lining of sewer lines, CIPP point and/or sectional repair of sewer lines, reconnect of sewer service laterals internally, manhole base repair/replacement.
The Engineer’s Estimate for this project is $5,714,848.00.
Submission Deadline: October 4, 2017 by 2:00 p.m. PST
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Monrovia, California (“City”) invites sealed Bids for the Project.
Sealed bids are due no later than 2:00 p.m. PST on October 4, 2017.
Bids should be submitted to the City Clerk's Office at the address below up to 2:00 p.m. on October 4th, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud:
City Clerk's Office
Monrovia City Hall
415 South Ivy Avenue
Monrovia, CA 91016
All Bids must be made on the form furnished by the City. Each Bid must be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to the City Clerk with the Project name and identification number typed or clearly printed on the lower left corner of the envelope.
How To Obtain Bid Documents
Project Bid Documents are available on a Digital Video Disc (DVD), which may be:
- Picked up at the Public Works Building, 600 South Mountain Avenue, Monrovia, CA 91016, (626) 932-5575. Non-refundable fee of $25.00 / DVD.
- Mailed on a DVD for an additional fee of $15.00 (Total: $40.00)
- Sent by an express delivery service using the bidder’s account number or the bidder must pay the City in advance for the express service delivery.
The City cannot guarantee the timeliness of mail or express delivery. Please call (626) 932-5575 to order a thumb drive. The City must receive payment before the Contract Documents will be provided.
Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting and Site Visit
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held on September 21, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at the City of Monrovia Public Works Building at 600 South Mountain Avenue, followed by a mandatory site visit.
Every Bidder is required to attend the pre-bid meeting and Project site visit. Failure of a Bidder to attend will render that Bidder’s Bid non-responsive. No allowances for cost adjustments will be made if a Bidder fails to adequately examine the Project site before submitting a Bid.