Bid Information and Requirements
- Formal bid Plans and Specifications are available only in hard copy form as detailed in the Notice Inviting Bids. For questions or to obtain Plans and Specifications on a Public Works project, please contact (626) 932-5575. Plans and Specs are NOT available at City Hall, unless otherwise stated.
- There is no charge for downloading Request for Proposal documents, when available.
- Bids and responses to Requests for Proposals must be submitted to the City Clerk's Office.
- The City's solicitation of bids is an invitation to deal and not an offer of a contract; a legally binding contract will only be made when a purchase order is issued or following City Council approval.
- The City does not maintain a master vendor list.
- The City does not currently accept general requests for notification of future bidding opportunities.
Julian Fisher Park Improvements Project
- Department:Public Works
- Start Date:05/22/2017
- Close Date:06/14/2017 2:00 PM
Scope of Work
The Project includes, without limitation, furnishing all necessary labor, materials, equipment and other incidental and appurtenant Work necessary to satisfactorily complete the Project, as more specifically described in the Contract Documents. This Work will be performed in strict conformance with the Contract Documents, permits from regulatory agencies with jurisdiction, and applicable regulations. The quantity of Work to be performed and materials to be furnished are approximations only, being given as a basis for the comparison of Bids. Actual quantities of Work to be performed may vary at the discretion of the City Engineer.
The Project Includes: Mobilization and public notification, demolition, construction of concrete basketball court, seat wall, walkway, and pad; furnishing and installing basketball standards, Sportsmaster seal coating and court markings; landscape, fencing and related.
The Engineer’s Estimated for this project is $450,000.00.
Submission Deadline: June 14, 2017 by 2:00 p.m. PST
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Monrovia, California (“City”) invites sealed Bids for the Project.
Sealed bids are due no later than 2:00 p.m. PST on June 14, 2017.
Bids should be submitted to the City Clerk's Office at the address below up to 2:00 p.m. on June 14th, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud:
City Clerk's Office
Monrovia City Hall
415 South Ivy Avenue
Monrovia, CA 91016
All Bids must be made on the form furnished by the City. Each Bid must be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to the City Clerk with the Project name and identification number typed or clearly printed on the lower left corner of the envelope.
How To Obtain Bid Documents
Project Bid Documents are available on a compact disc (CD), which may be:
- Picked up at the Public Works Building, 600 South Mountain Avenue, Monrovia, CA 91016, (626) 932-5575. Non-refundable fee of $10.00 / CD.
- Mailed on a CD for an additional fee of $10.00 (Total: $20.00)
- Sent by an express delivery service using the bidder’s account number or the bidder must pay the City in advance for the express service delivery.
The City cannot guarantee the timeliness of mail or express delivery. Please call (626) 932-5575 to order a CD. The City must receive payment before the Contract Documents will be provided.
Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting and Site Visit
A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held on June 6, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. at the City of Monrovia Public Works Building at 600 South Mountain Avenue, followed by a mandatory site visit.
Every Bidder is required to attend the pre-bid meeting and Project site visit. Failure of a Bidder to attend will render that Bidder’s Bid non-responsive. No allowances for cost adjustments will be made if a Bidder fails to adequately examine the Project site before submitting a Bid.