Hello! Welcome to the Monrovia Transit page. We strive to provide safe and customer service focused curb-to-curb travel from Point A to Point B, and anywhere in between...but only within our service area, of course!
A quick note before you read on: if you would a printable version of this information, please download a Monrovia Transit brochure.
What is Monrovia Transit?
Monrovia Transit is a public transportation service that doesn’t follow fixed routes or schedules. Similar to an airport shuttle van, you’ll share a ride with other passengers and make a few stops before reaching your destination of choice.
Give us a call at (626) 358-3538 to make a reservation for same day service or trips up to one week in advance.
Who can use Monrovia Transit?
Almost anyone can. Monrovia Transit is available to all residents and visitors within the service area.
The only exceptions to ridership eligibility are:
- City policy doesn’t allow school aged children to use Monrovia Transit during the school year on weekdays between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
How do I schedule a trip?
That’s easy to do. Give us a call at (626) 358-3538 and provide the call taker with the following information:
- Your name and telephone number
- Your pick up location
- Your drop off time and location
- Your return trip time and location
- Any special needs you have (e.g., you’re accompanied by an aide, or you’re in a wheelchair)
Hours of Service
Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
To access Friday and Saturday night Shuttle Service information please click here.
Monrovia Transit is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Regular (Ages 2+): $1.00
- Senior Citizen: $0.75
- Disabled: $0.75
- Passenger's Aide: Free
- Children Under 2: Free
Our service area includes the City of Monrovia, Bradbury, unincorporated parts of Los Angeles County adjacent to Monrovia, and Target in Duarte (a designated transfer point to Duarte Transit). With 24-hour notice, we’ll also take passengers to medical appointments at physician’s offices within three miles of City Limits, as well as the City of Hope.
What is the response time?
During non-peak hours, we can typically pick you up within 30 to 45 minutes. However, during peak hours it’ll usually take us longer to fit you in. As a result, we recommend that you give us a call at least two (2) hours prior to your desired pick up or drop off time since we want to get you where you want to go at a time that works best for you.
We operate a fleet of nine (9) vehicles of various sizes. Each is clearly marked with the Monrovia Transit logo and features an ADA-approved wheelchair lift.
Tips for using Monrovia Transit
- Call ahead of time. You can book a trip up to one week in advance.
- Book your return trip when you schedule the initial trip.If your plans change, just give us a call to adjust the reservation.
- Understand our pick up window. We’ll pick you up no earlier than five (5) minutes before or no later than ten (10) minutes after the time we promised you. If we don’t, your ride is free.
- Use our standing reservation service. If you go somewhere regularly, whether it is everyday or just once a week, make a standing reservation with us. It’ll save you the hassle of having to call to book the same trip each week.
Cancelations and No Shows
Please be considerate of other passengers and give us a call to cancel if your plans change.
- Be ready for pick up during the guaranteed pick up window of time.
- Be courteous to other passengers while on the vehicle.
- Ask about our carry on limits before you bring items, such as shopping or laundry bags, on board with you.
- Remain seated while the Monrovia Transit vehicle is in motion.