The City of Monrovia conducts general municipal elections in April of odd-numbered years to elect members to serve on the City Council. There are five members of the Monrovia City Council, including the directly elected Mayor who serves a two-year term, and four Councilmembers serving a four-year term of office. The City Clerk and City Treasurer are also elected and serve a four-year term.
2017 Election Results
The below graph reflects election night results. As the official canvass is conducted, additional Vote by Mail and Provisional ballots will be verified and processed in preparation for the second count scheduled to occur on Thursday, April 20, 2017.
Below are links to documents with the Semi-Official Results, which provides additional detail related to the Election Day ballot count.
- Updated Semi-Official Results of the April 11, 2017, General Municipal Election (with 2nd count)
- Semi-Official Results of the April 11, 2017, General Municipal Election (without 2nd count)
- April 11, 2017 General Municipal Election Results as of 10:00pm
The City of Monrovia will conduct an election on April 11, 2017 for the positions of Mayor (vote for 1), City Councilmembers (vote for 2), City Clerk (vote for 1), and City Treasurer (vote for 1). For additional election information, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (626) 932-5505.
More Election Information
For information on election procedures, precincts or any election-related questions contact the Monrovia City Clerk's Office at (626) 932-5505
For information on other local, regional, state, or national elections conducted by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, please check their website.
Supporting Documents & Links
- 2015 Election Results (12 KB)
- 2013 Election Results (51 KB)
- 2011 Election Results (54 KB)
- 2009 Election Results (28 KB)
- 2007 Election Results (60 KB)
- 2005 Election Results (29 KB)
- 2003 Election Results (30 KB)
- 2001 Election Results (27 KB)
- 2000 Special Election Results (22 KB)
- 1999 Election - Cancelled (534 KB)
- Los Angeles County Registrar Website