The Station Square South Specific Plan is the plan for a 3.79-acre property adjacent to the Gold Line Monrovia Station, which includes several parcels in and around 225 West Duarte Road.
The development will be a transit-oriented, 3, 4, and 5-story multi-family residential development of 296 dwelling units, yielding a density of 78 dwelling units per acre (gross).
The project proposes to change Peck Road north of Duarte Road to a publicly accessible driveway and drop-off area for the adjacent Metro Gold Line Monrovia Station. The site is part of the Station Square Transit Village.
Features available to residents include three courtyards, a pool court, common roof decks, a dog-run, and a greenhouse, for a total of 26,671 square feet. Balconies are provided for each unit, except for the live/work units.
The project also provides three types of planned public open spaces:
- A 15,488 square foot drop-off plaza (and accessible paths) for Gold Line station passengers
- An approximately 475-foot long paseo (walking path) located along the northern portion of the site connecting to the drop-off plaza
- A 2,130 square foot publicly-accessible open space area fronting Magnolia Avenue.
The project includes a six-story (seven levels) above-ground parking garage that accommodates 522 vehicles.
Public hearing schedule:
- Development Review Committee (public meeting) - May 15, 2018, 4:00 p.m.
- Planning Commission - June 13, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
- City Council - July 3, 2018, 7:30 p.m. (anticipated)
All meetings will be held in the City Council Chambers at Monrovia City Hall, 415 South Ivy Avenue.
More information and plans can be found in the links below:
- Monrovia Station Square South IS/MND
- Appendix A - Air Quality and Climate Change Assessment
- Appendix B - Historic Building Evaluation
- Appendix C - Geotechnical Studies
- Appendix D - Environmental Site Assessments
- Appendix E - Preliminary LID Study
- Appendix F - Hydrology Report
- Appendix G - Assessment of Environmental Noise
- Appendix H - Noise Study for Interior Noise Levels
- Appendix I - Traffic Impact Analysis
- Notice of Intent Station Square South
- Station Square South Project Plans
- Station Square South Specific Plan
- Richman Project - Site Plans
- Richman Project - Elevations
- Richman Project - Civil Drawings
- Richman Project - Conceptual Landscape Plan
- Richman Project - Tentative Parcel Map