The Veterans Resource Center at the Monrovia Public Library is dedicated to assisting local veterans and their families by connecting them to benefits and resources they have earned through their years of service.
Call to schedule a one-on-one consultation with a CalVet-trained volunteer or drop by and check out the variety of resources available to service members and their families.
The Veterans Resource Center is located inside the library near the magazine section. For more information on the Veteran's Resource Center, please contact Mabel Cross at 626-256-8294 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Resources for Veterans
If you are a service member in crisis or know a service member who is, confidential support at Veterans Crisis Line is only a phone call, click or text away - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Call 800-273- TALK (8255) and press 1 or text 838255.
- California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) Call 877-741-8532
- CA Veterans Benefits/Services Fact Sheets
- CA Veterans Resource Book
- CA Women Veterans
- CA Employment Development Department
- CA Veterans License Plates
- Los Angeles County Homeless Veterans Resources
- Los Angeles County Veterans Services Office Locations
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA)
- USDVA Frequently Asked Questions
- e-benefits Employment Center
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors, 2016 Online Edition
- Military Skills Translator - Match Military Experience to Civilian Jobs
- 2016 Military Online Handbooks
- GI Bill Education and Training 1-888-GI-BILL-1
- Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Coach Mobile App or call 1-888-823-7458.
- National Center for PTSD or call 1-800-342-9647
- Suicide Prevention
- Coaching Into Care - For family and friends who know a veteran that needs help Call 1-888-823-7458
- Center for Women Veterans
- Congresswoman Grace Napolitano – Resources for Returning Veterans
- Congresswoman Judy Chu – Resources for Veterans
- Hiring Veterans Toolkit
- Employer Roadmap for Hiring Veterans
- Vet Hunters - Advocates for Homeless Heroes
- Patriot Guard Memorial Services
- National Veterans Foundation - Vet to Vet Assistance
The Veterans Resource Center at the Monrovia Public Library is established through a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, California State Veterans Administration (CALVET), and administered in California by the State Librarian.