Annual Homeless Count
- Date: 01/22/2019 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Location: Community Center
119 W. Palm Avenue
Monrovia, California 91016
Volunteer to Help with the Annual Homeless Count in Monrovia
We are pleased to share that the City will once again be participating in the 2019 Point-In-Time Homeless Count, which is an annual event coordinated by the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority.
This year, the homeless count is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, January 22. On that evening, volunteers will survey Monrovia, along with other areas of the San Gabriel Valley, to determine how many people in the area are homeless. Ultimately, the data collected is used to better design programs and deploy resources to serve the homeless population.
For those interested in volunteering to assist with the homeless count, we would love to have your help!
Schedule of Events
- 8:00 p.m. - Interested individuals arrive at the Community Center.
- 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. - Volunteer training and orientation session. Representatives from the City’s Public Services Department and Police Department will be on hand to address any questions / concerns.
- 9:00 p.m. - Volunteers depart in their teams to begin the actual count.
Sign Up to Volunteer - Walk-Ins Also Welcome!
Let us know you that you will be volunteering! Register online here.