Holiday Home Decorating Contest Participant Deadline
- Date: 12/13/2019 12:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The very popular annual Holiday Home Decorating Contest is right around the corner! As part of the program, residents who decorate their homes for the Holiday Season have the chance to be recognized by the City in several decoration categories!
How to Participate
Applications are now available! Click the link below or pick up a paper copy at the Monrovia Community Center. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 13. All applicants will be entered in the Holiday Home Decorating Contest Map.
- Holiday Home Decorating Contest Application
- Deadline to Apply: Friday, December 13, at 5:00 p.m.
The contest judging will take place on Monday, December 16, after 5:00 p.m. Note that decorations must be visible from the street, as judges do not exit the vehicle to view decorations.
Award winners will receive a yard sign to display and be recognized during the City Council meeting on Tuesday, December 17, at City Hall in Council Chambers.
The 8 categories that will be judged as part of the contest include:
- Best Still Display – Decorations with no movement
- Best Outdoor Display – Best overall outdoor decorations
- Most Effective Use of Lighting – Best outdoor lighting display
- Best Neighborhood Effort – Street(s) with many homes decorated in a similar theme
- Children’s Choice Award – Best display that depicts a youthful theme
- Santa’s Workshop Award – Best depiction of Santa’s Workshop in decorations
- Holiday Spirit Award – Most festive display
- Judge's Award –Judges' choice
For additional information, please contact the Community Center at (626) 256-8246. We can’t wait to see the decorations this year!