Monrovia Canyon ParkAmenities:
- Drinking Fountain
- Hiking Trails
- Facility Rentals
Come and enjoy a wilderness experience only five minutes from downtown Monrovia, including the famous Monrovia Falls hiking trail with a year-round waterfall!
This refreshing recreational site provides a peaceful and quiet setting for your family, social or business gatherings. Let your imagination and your appreciation for nature be revitalized as you explore the 80 acres of trails and serene picnic areas.
Amenities include hiking trails, outdoor barbecues, picnic tables, drinking fountains, and restrooms. Facilities include the Nature Center and Cabin Conference Facility. The Cabin and Fireman's Flat camping area are available for rent.
- Sunrise - 9 p.m., seven days a week
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
- Tuesdays - CLOSED
- 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Saturdays, Sundays
- Weekdays - $5
- Weekends & Holidays - $6
- Annual Pass - $65
- Disabled Annual Pass - $45
- Bus Admission - $20
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Portable BBQs are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
View a map of Canyon Park's hiking trails, including the popular Waterfall Trail and the Historic Ben Overturff Trail.
Interested in Renting?
- Canyon Park Facility Rental Rules and Regulations
- Facility Rental Agreement
- Canyon Park Facility Fees
||Non-RESIDENT Rate||RESIDENT / Monrovia organization rate|
|Canyon Park Cabin|
|3 hour block||$160||$80|
|6 hour block||$320||$160|
|12 hour block||$640||$320|
|All Day + Overnight||$1,000||$500|
|Fireman's Flat Campground|
|10 x 10 space / day||$100||$50|
Camping at Canyon Park
During the summer months, Canyon Park host the Annual Family Hike and Campout at Canyon Park’s Fireman’s Flat Picnic Area. The day is filled with camp fires, s’mores, day and night hikes, story time with Monrovia library, and fun filled activities for all ages.
Please contact the Community Center at (626) 256-8246 with any questions or concerns, or to reserve the Canyon Park Cabin.
For questions regarding hiking trails, visiting the Nature Center, or to speak with a Park Naturalist, please contact (626) 256-8282.
Planning for the Future of Monrovia's Parks
On April 17, 2018, the City Council adopted the Citywide Park Master Plan following a nearly two-year research, development, and community engagement process. The Park Master Plan acts as a roadmap to upgrade and improve our existing parks, better position Monrovia to be competitive for grant funding, aides staff in developing capital improvement plans, and provides the community with a planning document for future park development.
The City currently has 0.9 acres of urban park land per 1,000 people, or 33.5 acres for 37,285 residents. The Park Master Plan includes the recommended goal of reaching the level of 1.5 acres per 1,000 people, or a total of 41 acres. Although the City is fully built out, this aspirational goal helps to guide future park planning as Monrovia’s new park standard.
The Plan’s findings include:
- 58% of Monrovians live within a 1/2 mile of a park
- 3/4 of survey respondents said they visit a City park at least once per month, with Canyon Park, Recreation Park, and Library Park being the most active
- About 2/3 of survey respondents think that the City has about the right number of parks or more than enough, while about 1/4 of respondents felt that there is a need for more parks south of Huntington Drive.
Read the Park Master Plan