Monrovia Canyon Park to Open on Tuesday, May 26
Monrovia Canyon Park will reopen to the public on Tuesday, May 26. All park visitors must have a reservation to access the trails in Canyon Park.
The new reservation system helps ensure a limited number of visitors, both residents and non-residents, have the opportunity to enjoy Canyon Park and prevent large crowds. Reservations will be limited to 70 per timeslot, with three timeslots available every weekday. All visitors looking to enter the park must have a reservation, whether driving, biking or walking into Canyon Park. The City charges a $5 parking fee to be paid when visitors arrive at Canyon Park. Those walking-in must also have a reservation but are not required to pay the parking fee.
Canyon Park Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- CLOSED - Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
Access to the Waterfall Trail to Remain Closed
For the time being, the popular Waterfall Trail will remain closed. This trail is narrow and incredibly popular, making it difficult to ensure safe, physical distancing when using the trail. Additionally, trails are modified for a one-mile hike in order to keep in compliance with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s Public Trails Protocol. View a map of the modifications.
Steps to Make a Reservation
- Visit the Trail Reservations page and select Canyon Park.
- Select the date and time that you would like to reserve by clicking REGISTER.
- If this is your first time registering online, you will have to create an online account.
- Click Create Account.
- Enter information and click Create Profile.
- Your account is now created.
- Answer the questions, click next.
- How are you traveling? Bike, car or walking.
- How many people will be in your group?
- Please register everyone visiting the park with you
- The $5 parking fee is paid when you arrive at Canyon Park
- Final confirmation of the reservation before payment, click Checkout.
- You will receive confirmation, as well as an email confirmation.