New Design for the Utility Services Bill
A refreshed and redesigned utility bill will be arriving in mailboxes in February! To guide you through the new design, an informational flyer was sent out in the January bill cycles. Learn more about the changes by viewing the utility bill informational flyer.
Utility Billing Scam Warning
The City of Monrovia has received reports that scammers pretending to represent the City of Monrovia Water Department are targeting customers by phone and requesting that they make an immediate payment to avoid their water service being shut-off. These calls are an attempt to defraud by either obtaining credit card information and/or arranging for a fraudulent payment to be made.
If you receive a call that sounds suspicious or is about an unpaid bill that you do not believe you owe, hang up the phone and call our Water Department at 626-932-5517.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you receive a questionable call:
- Scammers can “spoof” a company phone number, meaning that your phone’s caller ID may show that the call is coming from “Department of Water and Power” even if it is not.
- Some scammers use automated voice-response systems similar to those used by legitimate pay-by-phone services.
- The City of Monrovia Water Department will never ask you to pay your bill using gift cards, pre-paid credit cards, bitcoin, or money transfers.
Again, if you receive a call that sounds suspicious, please give us a call at 626-932-5517.
The City of Monrovia is the community's main water supplier, drawing groundwater from the main San Gabriel basin. We provide service to 10,000 residential and business customers.
How can we help you today?
I want to...
- pay for a utility service bill online
- pay for a utility bill over the phone using our automated system. Please have a copy of your utility service bill or have your account number and customer number with you when calling. Call 1-800-272-9829. Enter option 3 and jurisdiction code 1573.
- sign up and start a new service
- change or cancel service
- change billing address
- understand more about my water rate
- speak to someone
- find out when by bill is due
- make payment arrangements
- learn about payment options
- report a water emergency
- learn about charges on my bill
- sign up for another utility (e.g., gas, electric, etc.)
- view the current utility rates and fees
- learn about the City's Water Shut-Off Policy
Administrative Services Department - Finance Division
415 S. Ivy Avenue
Monrovia, CA 91016
|Monday - Thursday||7:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Friday||7:00 am to 5:30 pm|
Cancel or Change Existing Service or Speak to Someone in our Office
Do you want to cancel or change existing service? Do you want to change the billing address? Do you want to speak to someone in our office? If you have any other questions or comments, please call 626-932-5517.
- Utility Cancellation Form
- Cancel Utility Services Online
- Change the Billing Address
- Solicitud de cancelación de servicios publicos
Your utility service payment is due date is located on your bill. To avoid late or shutoff fees, we offer several different payment options to pay your utility service bill.
If you have a copy of your bill, you may pay your utility service bill online or use our automated phone system. Phone payments may be made by calling 1-800-272-9829. Enter option 3 and the jurisdiction code 1573. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and e-Check payments are accepted. There is no fee to pay online or by phone. Please note that payments will be posted to your account the following day. Answers to some of your questions may be available on the frequently asked questions page.
You can avoid the hassle of mailing in your payment by signing up for the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Program. The EFT Program automatically withdraws the amount due from your checking account each month. You will still receive a paper bill that shows the amount automatically deducted from your checking account account.
To sign up for the EFT program, you will need to fill out and drop off the EFT Sign Up Form, along with a voided check. The EFT enrollment process usually takes less than 2 billing cycles to complete. If you want to cancel your participation in the EFT program, please submit an EFT Cancellation Form. Please allow up to 30 days to process you cancellation request.
Pay by Check
Payments may also be mailed in to our office. Please enclose your utility service bill stub, if possible, to accelerate processing. Please note that payments will be posted on the date received and not on the postmarked date.
Unable to Pay?
If you are unable to pay your bill, please call us at 626-932-5517 or come by the utility customer service counter at City Hall to discuss payment arrangements.
Report a Water Emergency
Do you want to report a broken pipe or a leak? Call our Public Works Department during regular business hours at 626-932-5575.
For emergencies outside regular business hours, please call Police Dispatch at 626-256-8088.
Charges and Other Utilities
In addition to water charges, your utility bill includes fees for sewer, street sweeping, storm drains, and other fees. Additional details can be found on the back of your bill or by viewing our current utility rates and fees.
If you are looking to establish service for trash, electricity, gas, or telephone, please contact the appropriate company below or learn more on our Local Utilities page.
|Southern California Edison||Electricity||800-611-1911|
|So Cal Gas||Gas||877-238-0092|
Supporting Documents & Links
- Sign up for new service online
- Utility Service Application
- Solicitud de servicios publicos
- Utility Service Cancellation
- Solicitud de cancelación de servicios publicos
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Application
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Cancellation
- Municipal Utility Services Discount Application
- Aplicación de Descuento de Servicios Públicos Municipales