Thank you for your interest in the Youth Commission! You Commissioners serve the community through volunteerism and by advising the Community Services Commission on youth programming.
In order to serve as a Youth Commissioner, the following criteria must be met:
- Must be a resident of Monrovia, or attend a school in the Monrovia Unified School District and currently enrolled in grade 6th - 12th
- Must attend Youth Commission Meetings and activities contributing a minimum of five (5) hours per month.
- Over the course of the school year, Youth Commissioners must volunteer a minimum of 40 hours at Monrovia events, including the eight specified mandatory events.
To apply for Youth Commission:
- Please complete a Youth Commission Application packet and return it to the Monrovia Community Center, 119 West Palm Avenue, Monrovia CA 91016.
Youth Commission meetings will be held on the third Tuesday of each month at 4:30 p.m. at the Monrovia Community Center, 119 West Palm Avenue. Mark your calendars for upcoming meetings:
- September 24, 2019
- October 15, 2019
- November 19, 2019
- December 17, 2019
- January 21, 2020
- February 18, 2020
- March 17, 2020
- April 21, 2020
- May 19, 2020
The new members of 2019-2020 Youth Commission Board will be updated and posted here.
- Vice Chair
Tiffany Peterson - Recreation Coordinator
(626) 256-8233, or e-mail her at
Youth Sports Program - September 2019 - April 2020
Monrovia Association of Fine Arts Event - October 5-6, 2020
Make a Difference Day - October 26, 2019
Trick-or-Treat & Halloween Bash - October 31, 2019
Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting Ceremony - December 5, 2019
Holiday Home Decorating Contest - December 16, 2019
Black History Month Events - (February 2020)
State of the City - TBD (February 2020)
Spring Egg Hunt & Healthy Kids Day - April 11, 2020
Arbor Day - April 23, 2020
MOHPG 36th Annual Historic Homes Tour - TBD (May 2020)
Fountain to the Falls - May 9, 2020
Monrovia Days - May 15-17, 2020 (1 day)