Beginning in March of 2020, as required by State law, Monrovia municipal elections will coincide with statewide primary election dates. General municipal elections will be held in March of even-numbered years to elect members to serve on the City Council, City Clerk, and City Treasurer. There are five members of the Monrovia City Council, including the directly elected Mayor who serves a two-year term, and four Councilmembers serving a four-year term of office. The City Clerk and City Treasurer are also elected and serve a four-year term.
The next regular municipal election will be held on March 10, 2020, for the positions of Mayor (vote for 1) and City Councilmembers (vote for 2).
More Election Information
For information on election procedures, precincts or any election-related questions contact the Monrovia City Clerk's Office at (626) 932-5599.
For information on other local, regional, state, or national elections conducted by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, please check their website at www.lavote.net.
Supporting Documents & Links
- Los Angeles County Registrar Website
- 2017 Election Results
- 2015 Election Results (12 KB)
- 2013 Election Results (51 KB)
- 2011 Election Results (54 KB)
- 2009 Election Results (28 KB)
- 2007 Election Results (60 KB)
- 2005 Election Results (29 KB)
- 2003 Election Results (30 KB)
- 2001 Election Results (27 KB)
- 2000 Special Election Results (22 KB)
- 1999 Election - Cancelled (534 KB)