General Municipal Election: March 3, 2020
Beginning in March of 2020, as required by State law, Monrovia municipal elections will coincide with statewide primary election dates. General municipal elections will be held in March of even-numbered years to elect members to serve on the City Council, City Clerk, and City Treasurer. There are five members of the Monrovia City Council, including the directly elected Mayor who serves a two-year term, and four Councilmembers serving a four-year term of office. The City Clerk and City Treasurer are also elected and serve a four-year term.
The next regular municipal election will be held on March 3, 2020, for the positions of Mayor (vote for 1) and City Councilmembers (vote for 2).
The nomination period will open on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at 7:00 a.m., and will close on Friday, December 6, 2019, at 5:30 p.m. Nomination papers will be issued during normal hours (Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.and Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) at the City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, 415 S. Ivy Avenue, Monrovia.City Hall is closed November 28 and 29 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Please contact your friends at the City Clerk's Office at 626-932-5599, to make an appointment.
Other Important Dates
- December 7 - 16: Public Examination Period of Candidate Statements
- December 12: Secretary of State Randomized Alphabet Drawing
- February 5 - First day to request Vote by Mail Ballot
- February 18 - Last day to register to Vote
- February 22 - Vote centers open
- check www.lavote.net for your vote center location
- March 3 - Election Day
- March 5 - Official canvass by Registrar/Recorder County Clerk begins
- March 27 - Registrar/Recorder County Clerk tentatively scheduled to certify results
- April 7 - City Council scheduled to certify results and re-organize
|RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MONROVIA'S
OFFICE OF THE CITY CLERK
|RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE
LA COUNTY REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
More Election Information
For information on election procedures, precincts or any election-related questions contact the Monrovia City Clerk's Office at (626) 932-5599.
For information on other local, regional, state, or national elections conducted by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, please check their website at www.lavote.net.
Supporting Documents & Links
- Los Angeles County Registrar Website
- 2017 Election Results
- 2015 Election Results (12 KB)
- 2013 Election Results (51 KB)
- 2011 Election Results (54 KB)
- 2009 Election Results (28 KB)
- 2007 Election Results (60 KB)
- 2005 Election Results (29 KB)
- 2003 Election Results (30 KB)
- 2001 Election Results (27 KB)
- 2000 Special Election Results (22 KB)
- 1999 Election - Cancelled (534 KB)