General Municipal Election: March 3, 2020
Beginning in March of 2020, as required by State law, Monrovia municipal elections will coincide with statewide primary election dates. General municipal elections will be held in March of even-numbered years to elect members to serve on the City Council, City Clerk, and City Treasurer. There are five members of the Monrovia City Council, including the directly elected Mayor who serves a two-year term, and four Councilmembers serving a four-year term of office. The City Clerk and City Treasurer are also elected and serve a four-year term.
The next regular municipal election will be held on March 3, 2020, for the positions of Mayor (vote for 1) and City Councilmembers (vote for 2).
Please contact your friends at the City Clerk's Office at 626-932-5599 for more information.
- The 1st semi-official results of ballots cast and votes tallied are scheduled to be reported at approximately 8:30 p.m. on March 3rd (if possible, closer to 8:00). This 1st report will be exclusively for VBM ballots.
- The 2nd report is scheduled to take place at around 9:15 p.m. and will be BMD/vote center ballots plus the same VBM results that were reported earlier.
- BMD/vote center results will continue to be reported throughout the evening and into Wednesday morning, with updates roughly every 30 minutes.
The link to the election results page is here: Live Results.
There will also be a live feed of activity at the tally center which can be accessed here on election night: Tally Center Live Feed.
Click below to:
Voter Registration Verification - Determine your voter registration and permanent vote by mail status
Information on the New Voting Experience - Big changes in 2020 include Vote Centers, Extended Voting Period, Interactive Sample Ballots, Ballot Marking Devices, and more.
Vote by Mail - One-time vote by mail, permanent vote by mail, track your ballot, cancel permanent vote by mail status, mismatch signature verification statement, unsigned ballot statement, and more.
Election Results (Results from 2017 and prior may be found below)Other Important Dates:
- February 5 - First day to request Vote by Mail Ballot
- February 18 - Last day to register to Vote
- February 22 - Vote centers open throughout LA County
- March 3 - Election Day
- March 5 - Official canvass by Registrar/Recorder County Clerk begins
- March 27 - Registrar/Recorder County Clerk tentatively scheduled to certify results
- April 7 - City Council scheduled to certify results and re-organize
|RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MONROVIA'S
OFFICE OF THE CITY CLERK
|RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE
LA COUNTY REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
More Election Information
For information on election procedures, precincts or any election-related questions contact the Monrovia City Clerk's Office at (626) 932-5599.
For information on other local, regional, state, or national elections conducted by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, please visit www.lavote.net online.
Supporting Documents & Links
- Los Angeles County Registrar Website
- 2017 Election Results
- 2015 Election Results (12 KB)
- 2013 Election Results (51 KB)
- 2011 Election Results (54 KB)
- 2009 Election Results (28 KB)
- 2007 Election Results (60 KB)
- 2005 Election Results (29 KB)
- 2003 Election Results (30 KB)
- 2001 Election Results (27 KB)
- 2000 Special Election Results (22 KB)
- 1999 Election - Cancelled (534 KB)