Below are links to many of the documents provided in the Candidate Handbook at the time of pulling nomination papers, as well as links to required FPPC campaign forms. To obtain nomination papers, please call (626) 932-5599 to make an appointment with the City Clerk.
These reference materials have been prepared to assist in filing documents relating to the election. It includes a calendar of events and summary of provisions and filing requirements. It is not intended to provide legal advice and is for general guidance only.
Please note that it is not within the scope of this office to determine whether a candidate meets the requirements for holding office. The Declaration of Candidate signed under penalty of perjury by each candidate declares that the candidate meets the statutory and/or constitutional requirements to hold office. Individuals with questions concerning their own or another candidate’s qualifications or other related matters should seek legal counsel.
Candidates and others using this reference material must bear full responsibility to make their own determinations as to all legal standards, duties and factual material contained therein.
Supporting Documents & Links
- Election Summary (73 KB)
- 2020 General Municipal Election Calendar(33 KB)
- Important Information in a Nutshell (301 KB)
- 2020 FPPC Candidate Campaign Form Filing Schedule (96 KB)
- Administrative Policy - Request for Public Records (7 KB)
- Administrative Policy - Dissemination and Use of Information/Use of City Logo & City Seal (22 KB)
- Candidate Statement Format Style Guide (13 KB)
- FPPC - Important Things to Remember (37 KB)
- Electioneering (52 KB)
- Electioneering (Elections Code) (40 KB)
- Encroachment Regulations (Signs) (5 KB)
- City Policy - Use of City Property & Facilities; Participation of City Personnel in Campaigns (56 KB)
- Most Frequently Asked Questions (81 KB)
- Candidate Info Questionnaire (63 KB)
- FPPC Campaign Disclosure Manual 2
- FPPC Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interest
- FPPC Form 501 - Candidate Intention Statement
- FPPC Form 410 - Statement of Organization
- FPPC Form 470 - Campaign Statement-Short Form
- FPPC Form 460 - Campaign Disclosure Form
- FPPC Form 497 - 24-hour Contribution Report
- FPPC Campaign FAQs