Residential Code Enforcement Concerns
Please take the following steps to keep your residential property in compliance:
Storage and Trash
Remove and dispose of all broken or discarded appliances, machinery, trash and debris from the property in an approved manner. Contact Athens Services at (888) 336-6100 for disposal.
Store trash containers out of public view except when placing out for pick-up. Trash containers are to be placed out at sunset on the day before trash pick-up is scheduled and must also be removed from the curb or alley no later than sunset of the day of pick-up.
- All vehicles must be parked on paved surfaces approved by the City. Parking on lawns is prohibited.
- Auto repair not allowed in a residential zone with exception of minor repair to vehicle registered to property and completed within 48 hours.
- RV's must be stored on a paved surface , side or rear yard and must be screened from view from the street or adjacent properties.
Inoperable vehicles must be made operable otherwise pared or stored in an entirely enclosed building or on a paved surface out of public view and out of view of neighboring, and adjacent residential properties.
- Trim/cut back overgrown vegetation encroaching into the public-right-of-way
- Trim back trees, plants, or other types of overgrown vegetation.
- Remove all dead and/or dry vegetation from your property.
- Ensure that fence/walls/hedges are within allowable height restrictions.
Yard Sale Permit
- Obtain a yard sale permit before the date of your yard sale and turn it into the City of Monrovia, Community Development Department counter with your payment of $5.00.
- Yard Sale Permit Form
Building and Planning
- Obtain proper review, approval, and permits prior to construction and/or alterations at your home or business.
- Obtain proper review, approval, and permits prior to sign installation.