Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Monrovia is committed to providing quality housing programs that enhance and strengthen our community. Our mission is to address the needs of low and moderate-income residents, improve and expand the City's housing stock, and encourage the physical and economic revitalization of the City's neighborhoods. Monrovia continues to strive to form effective partnerships to maximize social and economic opportunities to serve its residents.

Partnerships include Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Los Angeles County Community Development Commission, the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, and State of California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD).

Frequently Asked Questions

Does the City of Monrovia have any programs for First-Time Homebuyers?
No. The City had a First Time Homebuyer program, but it has been suspended indefinitely due to lack of funding.

Does the City have Section 8 or HUD housing?
Yes, the Section 8 Assisted Housing Program established in 1974 by the Housing and Community Development Act is the principal U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) program for assisting very low income families to secure decent, safe, and sanitary housing. The Baldwin Park Housing Authority is responsible for the Section 8 programs in the cities of Monrovia, Baldwin Park, Irwindale, and Covina. You may qualify if you are a senior (62 years old or older), disabled or handicapped, and your income is within the guideline limits established by the Federal Government.

Contact the Baldwin Park Housing Authority directly at (626) 869-7500.

How Do I get on Section 8 or HUD Housing?
Applications for Section 8 or HUD assisted Housing are accepted by the Baldwin Park Housing Authority. Due to the high demand on this program applications are available from the Housing Authority only during certain periods.

Contact the Baldwin Park Housing Authority directly at (626) 869-7500.

Does the City of Monrovia have rent control?
No, there is no rent control in the City of Monrovia.

Who can help me with my landlord/ tenant issues?
While the City of Monrovia does not offer mediation issues, Los Angeles County offers free mediation to fit your needs. Click the "Mediation Options" link below for more information.

Supporting Documents & Links