Residential Rehabilitation Home Improvement Grant
The intent of the City of Monrovia Residential Rehabilitation Home Improvement Grant is to provide grants to eligible homeowners / occupants of single family detached homes for the preservation of decent, safe, and sanitary housing; to correct hazardous conditions; to make improvements to eliminate blight and improve handicapped access; and to correct building and health code violations through the awarding of Community Development Block Grants (CDBG). All properties to be repaired must be a single family residential property and located within the City limits of the City of Monrovia.
A limited number of grants are available to single family, owner occupied residential properties on a first come, first served basis.
- Code Corrections
- Address number installations
- Smoke detectors
- Exterior weatherproofing
- ADA rails and handicapped devices
- Repair plaster, siding stucco
- Roofing repair/replacement
- Elimination of specific conditions detrimental to public health and safety
- Testing/treatment of lead based paint and/or asbestos
- Minor Tree Trimming
- Chain Link Fence Removal
- Fencing Repairs
- Repair, replacement of doors
- Windows, screens
- Removal of Security Bars
How Do I Qualify?
The general requirements are:
- Eligible properties must be owner occupied, single family homes in the City of Monrovia.
- Participants must fully complete Residential Rehabilitation Grant applications.
- Owners must meet income requirements. The maximum eligible income based on family size is shown in the schedule below.
|Family Size||Maximum Income|
How Do I Apply?
Contact Aleks Akopyan by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (626) 932-5525.
The Fine Print
Home Improvement grants are to a maximum of $20,000 per household. Grant monies may only be used for the costs of services and materials necessary to carry out City-approved repair work. Eligible repairs may only include work to be performed on the main residential unit and garage on the property. The City will only contract with licensed contractors who maintain a current license in good standing with the Contractors State License Board, and who also maintain the required liability and workmen’s compensation insurance coverage. All required permits and inspections are conducted in accordance with the City of Monrovia Building Division Code.