MAP Youth Leadership Academy
The Monrovia Area Partnership (MAP) is a program that builds a strong community by creating a network of strong individuals. Through education, training, networking and activism, Monrovia Area Partners work together to make Monrovia a fun, safe and vibrant place to live. MAP hosts workshops & events to train and guide community members who are ready to be community leaders. The MAP Youth Leadership Program is designed specifically to help youth learn, develop and grow so they, in turn can take active roles in the health of their community.
Schedule and Meeting Topics
- September 11- About You and Your Community
- September 18 - Walking Tour of Monrovia
- September 25- The Volunteer and the Importance of #SelfCare
- October 2 - Meet Your Police Department
- October 9- Interviews and Resumes
- October 16 - Public Speaking
- October 23 - ACTION!
- November 5 - Graduation @ City Hall
The sessions will occur at Monrovia Library Community Room. Participants will be asked to be committed to attending and completing all 7 classes in order to graduate with their class.
The program will register 50 youth and applications will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis with priority being given to Monrovia residents and first time participants.
After completing the MAP Youth Leadership Academy, youth will be recognized by City Council at City Hall. Youth who completed the Leadership Academy will continue their education and development throughout the years and will have increasing leadership opportunities each year they participate such as assisting in planning workshops for their peers, serving on committees for community events and others as they become available.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Turn in completed applications to the Monrovia City Hall | 415 S Ivy Ave Monrovia, CA. 91016
- Registration will be opening closer to the event, so stay tuned! If you cannot wait, you can subscribe to our email list by contacting Aleks Akopyan at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org