The Planning Division plays an important role in achieving the City’s goals and objectives related to the physical development of Monrovia. Planning's responsibilities fall into five sections:
- Current Planning
- Advance (long-range) Planning
- Historic Preservation
- Art in Public Places
- Filming/Special Events
The Planners are here to assist residents, property owners, realtors, and architects in understanding and applying the City’s zoning and subdivision ordinances. In addition, Planning provides technical support to the City Council, Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, Art in Public Places Committee, and the Development Review Committee (DRC).
The Planning Counter at City Hall is open Monday – Thursday, from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The Planning Division is located on first floor of City Hall. Looking to find out more information about your house or another specific property in Monrovia? Go to the About my House page.
On the lighter side, Planning Staff provides updates for the community regarding development in Monrovia on the “Over the Counter” blog.
- Visit www.buildingmonrovia.com to learn about the City's vision for new developments around Station Square, and the steps the City is taking to reduce the potential impacts from these developments.
- Development Spotlight - Dive into the details for each of the proposed new developments as they move through the review process.
- Community Development's "Over the Counter" Blog
- Monrovia Municipal Code (Click on Title 17 for Zoning Code)