The Development Spotlight is a single place where you can learn about upcoming development projects in Monrovia.
Knowing that growth is going to happen, we have taken very proactive steps to ensure that it is strategic and in the right places. For the past five decades, the City has been implementing a long term plan to build the Monrovia of the future. Well, the future is here and Monrovia is where people want to be.
What is important to understand is that our long term vision encompasses a balance between growth and preservation. Economic growth is important for maintaining a healthy and vibrant community. It keeps Monrovia vital and relevant, making it a desirable place to live, work, and play.
Preservation on the other hand, nods to the importance and value that the character of our neighborhoods contribute to making Monrovia... well, Monrovia. Many years ago, Monrovia's leaders set into motion a plan to allow growth in targeted areas while preserving those parts of Monrovia that define its character - our neighborhoods.
That plan, which has adjusted with the times, still serves as the blueprint. If all the changes seems a little overwhelming at times, we can understand why! Change is inevitable and planning is not about preventing change, it's focused on managing change. However, it is important to remember, that is what Monrovia has planned for and we are prepared to meet the future!
Below are links to dedicated pages that contain all of the relevant documents for each development project currently under review.
Projects Under Review
- Trammell Crow Alexan Project -1625 S. Magnolia Avenue
- Arroyo at Monrovia Station Specific Plan - Pomona Avenue between Magnolia and Primrose Avenues
- 123 Pomona Specific Plan - 123 W. Pomona Avenue
- Monrovia Towneplace Suites by Marriott - Southeast corner of Huntington Drive and Myrtle Avenue
- Avalon Monrovia Specific Plan - West side of Myrtle Avenue between Walnut and Chestnut Avenues
- Station Square South Specific Plan (Richman Development) - 225 W. Duarte Road
Questions / Comments
We encourage you to provide us with your comments and input on the development projects under review! Please send your questions or comments to email@example.com.