Tharaldson Investments is proposing the development of a 109-room, five-story, TownePlace Suites Hotel by Marriott at the southwest corner of West Huntington Drive and South Myrtle Avenue.
The Project site consists of six vacant parcels of land that total 1.71 acres in size. The hotel will provide a mix of three major room types, consisting of one-bedroom, double-queen, and king studios, as well as several hotel amenities.
These amenities include an indoor exercise room, the breakfast room, a community table and lounge area, as well as an outdoor swimming pool and an outdoor seating area. The Project would include an on-site surface parking lot with 109 spaces that would serve the guests, visitors, and employees at the TownePlace Suites.
Two public hearings were held for the project, including at the Planning Commission meeting on August 15, 2018, and at the City Council meeting on September 4, 2018. On September 4, the Monrovia City Council unanimously approved the project. Take a look at the Towneplace Suites project At-A-Glance!
September 4, 2018 City Council Meeting
- TownePlace Suites Monrovia - Architectural
- TownePlace Suites Response To Comments Memo 8.30.18
- TownePlace Suites Draft IS/MND - Revised 8/15/18
- Appendix A - Revised General Plan Land Use Element
- Appendix B - Line of Sight and Photometric Plan
- Appendix C - Air Quality Modeling Results
- Appendix D - Archaeology and Paleontology Memos
- Appendix E - Geotechnical Investigation
- Appendix F - Phase I ESA and Limited Soil Assessment
- Appendix F - Phase II ESA
- Appendix G - Hydrology and LID Report
- Appendix H - Noise Modeling
- Appendix I - Traffic Impact Analysis
- Appendix J - AB 52 Consultation
- Appendix K - Water and Wastewater Studies
- TownePlace Suites Notice of Intent
- TownePlace Suites Monrovia - Conceptual Civil Plans
- TownePlace Suites Monrovia - Landscape Plans
- TownePlace Suites Monrovia- Tentative Parcel Map