HAVE A PLAN ◊ KEEP SUPPLIES ◊ STAY INFORMED ◊ GET INVOLVED
It is imperative that citizens prepare for all types of natural and/or man-made disasters that may plague our communities, such as earthquakes, wildfires, El Niño, floods, mudslides, or windstorms. This page provides essential guidelines and informative tools for residents to formulate an effective and organized plan for such occurrences.
Click on the Monrovia Prepares pamphlet, Are You Ready? A Guide to Readiness for more helpful suggestions. Pamphlets are available at Fire Station 101 and City Hall.
Gravel (Sand) Bag Locations - 25 bags per resident
- Public Services Corporate Yard
600 S. Mountain Avenue
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monrovia Fire Station 101
141 E. Lemon Avenue
Monday – Thursday (Administration Office): 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Fire Station: Open 24/7
Gravel Bin Locations
- 900 Block of Crescent (between Madison & El Nido) / Contact Public Services at 626-932-5575 for availability
- Residents are responsible for bringing their own shovel, gloves and/or protective eyewear.
Check for special rain barrel events sponsored by the Upper San Gabriel Valley Municipal Water District (resident restrictions apply). For more information call (866) 308-8391.
Monrovia RED Program (Rescue for Elderly & Disabled)
Residents in special need of assistance during an emergency and/or natural disaster may register his/her contact information with Monrovia Fire & Rescue. The program is specifically designed to ensure safety to both our elderly and disabled citizens who may need assistance evacuating in an emergency.
Submit registration forms to: Monrovia Fire & Rescue, c/o Suzanne Dobson, CERT Volunteer Coordinator, 141 E. Lemon Avenue, Monrovia, CA 91016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monrovia Community Center
119 W. Palm Avenue
Monrovia, CA 91016
- Mary Wilcox Youth Center
843 E. Olive Avenue
Monrovia, CA 91016
Housing, winter shelters and additional assistance services provided for homeless individuals and families.
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA)
- East San Gabriel Valley Coalition / 2018-2019 Winter Shelter Schedule
Animal Rescue Shelters
- Dr. Domotor's Animal House Veterinary Hospital
- Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA
- Pet Smart Monrovia
- Wonder Dog Ranch
Emergency Weather & News Notifications
- Alert LA County
- El Niño Ready
- Federal, State & County Resources
- Nixle Text Alerts - Register or text 91016 to 888777