Monrovia Renewal is the largest public works project in the City's history!
This exciting initiative is making citywide repairs to our water and sewer pipelines, water facilities, streets, sidewalks, curbs and gutters. These improvements are expected to take 4-5 years to complete and cost $51.7 million.
Keep up to date on the project, related field work, and construction starting Summer 2016 through 2020.
Receive periodic project updates by subscribing to our email list:
Monrovia Renewal Construction
Micro Surfacing Repair Work in the North Section
Beginning Wednesday, July 8, Pavement Coatings, a subcontractor of Sully-Miller, will be performing repair on the micro surfacing street work that was recently done in the North section. The reason this work is taking place is due to performance concerns with the initial application of the micro surfacing and is being repaired at no cost to the City.
The streets that will receive a micro surfacing street repair are:
Wednesday, July 8:
- Elfwood Drive to Norumbega Drive
- Acorn Circle to Bradoaks Avenue
- Oakcliff Road to Greystone Avenue
- Mountain Avenue to Cul-de-Sac
- Stedman Place from Hillcrest Boulevard to Foothill Boulevard
- Valmont Drive to Norumbega Drive
- Valmont Place to Valmont Drive
- Crestview Place to Hillcrest Boulevard
- Granite Avenue to Hillcrest Boulevard
- Todd Lane to Hillcrest Boulevard
Thursday, July 9:
- Briarcliff Road to Ridgeside Drive
- Willowbrook Circle to Canyon Crest Drive
- Laurel Lane to Canyon Crest Drive
- Shadow Lane to Shady Oaks Drive
- Shady Oaks Drive to Scenic Drive
- Half of Greystone Avenue to Bradoaks Avenue
- Madeline Drive to Greystone
- Sky Way to Myrtle Avenue
- James Town to Myrtle Avenue
- Mill Run to Myrtle Avenue
- Patrician Way to Alta Vista Avenue
- Hillcrest Boulevard from Alta Vista to Myrtle Avenue
Friday, July 10:
- Briarcliff Road to Ridgeside Drive
- Greystone Avenue from Madeline Drive to Bradoaks Avenue
- Sutter Creek to Alta Vista Avenue
- Oak Grove to Alta Vista Avenue
- Myrtle Avenue from Alta Vista Avenue to Scenic Drive
- Highland Place to Hillcrest Boulevard
- Mayflower Avenue from Hillcrest Boulevard to Scenic Drive
- Franklin Place to Highland Place
- Avocado Place from Crescent Drive to Hillcrest Boulevard
- Crescent Drive to Avocado Place
- Terrace View to Hillcrest Boulevard
- Hillcrest Boulevard from Valencia Way to Crestview Place
- Hillcrest Boulevard from Myrtle Avenue to Crestview Place
Please note that the street will be closed to through traffic as street work is being done and until it is completely dried. Street sweeping and parking enforcement will be suspended on all impacted streets.
Construction Update for Monrovia Renewal Northeast Section Improvement
Work is underway in the Northeast Section of the Monrovia Renewal project. The Northeast project section includes the area of the City that is bound by the City limit to the east, Myrtle Avenue to the west, Greystone Avenue and Hillcrest Boulevard to the north, Colorado Boulevard and Royal Oaks to the south.
For the week of July 6, work will include:
Concrete removal, concrete restoration and asphalt street patching on the following streets:
- Encinitas Avenue, Palm Avenue, Lime Avenue, Canyon Boulevard, Jasmine Avenue, Heliotrope Avenue, Wildrose Avenue, Shamrock Avenue, and Oakdale Avenue
Sewer Repairs on the following streets:
- Jasmine Avenue between Lemon Avenue and Lime Avenue
- Palm Avenue between Ivy Avenue and Canyon Boulevard
- The alley east of Jasmine Avenue between Wildrose Avenue and Lime Avenue
- The alley south of Palm Avenue between Myrtle Avenue and Ivy Avenue
Excel Paving, the contractor for this project, will be circulating notices to impacted residents prior to initiating work and posting necessary park restrictions in the work area. Please keep a look out for any notifications and abide by any parking restrictions. Regular street sweeping will not take place in the work area during construction so please focus on the posted construction parking signage.
We appreciate your patience and support while we work to execute these improvements throughout our community! If you have any questions regarding Monrovia Renewal, please feel free to contact Public Works at (626) 932-5575 or email email@example.com.
- Monrovia Renewal Northeast Map
- Monrovia Renewal Frequently Asked Questions - Northwest and South Sections
- Find your street on the map to see what type of street improvements will be taking place.
- Monrovia Renewal Community Resources Flyer North Section
Explore the Improvements Coming to Your Neighborhood!
To improve efficiency and shorten the construction time spent in each area, Monrovia has been divided into six segments. Construction will occur in each segment according to the timeline below:
- Southwest and Southeast - 2016 - 2017
- Northwest and South - 2017 - 2018
- North - 2018 - 2019
- Northeast - 2019 - 2020