Licensing your dog and cat is required by every city. Dogs and cats must be 4 months or older and be current on their rabies vaccination. Licenses are renewed each year, but the tags are permanent.
Monrovia residents may obtain a new dog license or renewal by mail or in person at the Pasadena Humane Society.
Residents may return completed forms with payment by mail or in person at the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA located at 361 S. Raymond Avenue in Pasadena.
Licensing Officers are available at PHS at the following times:
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday
Renewal notices will be mailed to residents. Rabies certificates must be valid for the entire license period.
|Duration||Dog fees||CAT Fees|
|One (1) Year (altered)||$20||$5|
|Two (2) Year (altered)||$40||$10|
|Three (3) Year (altered)||$60||$15|
|One (1) Year (unaltered)||$60||$10|
|Two (2) Year (unaltered)||$120||$20|
|Three (3) Year (unaltered)||$180||$30|
In order to qualify for reduced fees:
- All cats must be contained in a carrier (one per carrier)
- All dogs must be kept on a leash
- Proof of alteration required in order to qualify for reduced fees
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required for all licensing.
Contact the Licensing Department at (626) 792-7151 ext. 115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org