Visit this page for construction and related notices for work occurring in Monrovia.
Note that while the City strives to provide you with the most up-to-date information, construction schedules are subject to change with little or no notice for various reasons, including, but not limited to, weather conditions and unforeseen delays.
Monrovia Renewal Related Construction
Monrovia Renewal is the largest public works project in the City's history, making citywide repairs where they are most needed to our water and sewer pipelines, water facilities, streets, sidewalks, curbs, and gutters. Visit the Monrovia Renewal page to learn more.
Monrovia Renewal North Area Construction Begins Week of February 11!
This week, the City’s contractor, Sully-Miller Contracting Company, will begin mobilizing, performing inspection work for sewer repairs, and preliminary cleaning for sewer pipe improvements throughout various locations in the project area. Please note that prior to work, Sully-Miller will be posting ‘No-Parking’ signs and circulating notices to residents in the affected areas. Residents will receive additional notice forty-eight hours prior to work beginning.
The North Section includes all areas located north of, and including Hillcrest Boulevard, Grand Avenue, and Greystone Avenue. The overall North Section improvements of Monrovia Renewal are significant, and includes the following scope of work:
- Roadway improvements to over 2,300,000 square feet of roadway
- Concrete replacement for sidewalk, curb and gutter repairs.
- Approximately 9,000 square feet of sidewalk replacement
- Approximately 27,000 linear feet of curb and gutter replacement
- Sewer improvements and repairs
- Removal and replacement of more than 5,250 linear feet of water pipeline
- Removal and replacement of approximately 175 water service lines
- Repairs and enhancements to the Oakglade Reservoir
- Maintenance to the take including concrete treatment and sealing to mitigate any potential leaks as well as additional site enhancements including improvements to the tanks pipelines, valves, roof and overall site condition
Prior to roadwork, all necessary water, sewer, and concrete work - curb, gutters, and driveway approaches - will be completed. Below is a map indicating the roadwork for the North. View the map to see what road work improvements are coming to your neighborhood
For more information on what work will be happening on your street and general inquiries about the Monrovia Renewal project, please contact the Public Works Division at (626) 932-5575 or email the Monrovia Renewal Project Team. In addition, you can visit the Monrovia Renewal webpage for all the latest project news and updates.
Monrovia Renewal South Area Work - Week of February 11
This week, Sequel Contractors will be working on utility asphalt patching and asphalt repairs throughout various locations in the project area. The following week, depending on weather, Sequel will complete work on streets receiving a full reconstruct by placing the second (and final) layer of asphalt. View the project area map below to see what roadwork improvements are coming to your neighborhood!
If Construction is in Your Neighborhood, Be on the Lookout for These Notices!
We will do our best to minimize the impacts on residents and business. Construction notices will be delivered to all residents and businesses in the impacted area(s) prior to work taking place. The notices will outline the work taking place, a schedule overview, and information on associated impacts, such as parking restrictions and driveway access:
- Initial Notice - This notice will be distributed approximately one week prior to work commencing.
- Two Day Notice - A final notice will be provided two days before the activity begins to serve as a reminder of the upcoming work and associated impacts.
In addition, parking notices will be posted in the areas where parking will be impacted. During these activities, there will be intermittent road closures and parking restrictions. Streets and driveways may be inaccessible for intermittent periods during the day but will be accessible every night.
We appreciate your patience and support while we work to execute these improvements throughout our community! If you have any questions about the Monrovia Renewal Project, please feel free to contact Public Works at (626) 932-5575 or email the Monrovia Renewal Team. We recognize that construction can be messy and inconvenient, and we appreciate your patience through this process!
City Set to Have the Freeway Underpasses in Town Cleaned on February 25
Have you ever driven under one of the I-210 Freeway underpasses in Monrovia and thought… wow, it’s really dirty down here?!? Well, we’ve had that same thought here at the City, and on February 25, we will be working to do something about it!
Based on feedback from various sources, the City has made plans to conduct a comprehensive cleaning of all freeway underpasses in Monrovia on February 25. In an effort to work around daily traffic, the City’s contractor will begin work at 10:00 p.m., and we anticipate the cleaning efforts will be completed by 6:00 a.m. the next day. Of course, if you have any questions about this matter, please feel free to let me know!
City Coordinating Baseball Field Improvements With MYBL at Recreation Park
We wanted to let everyone know that during the past few weeks, the City has been working with the Monrovia Youth Baseball League (MYBL) on baseball field improvements at Recreation Park. An overview of the upgrades we have been instituting include:
- We have performed some extensive maintenance work on the score board by installing new light bulbs and repainting the facility.
- City staff coordinated upgrades to the baseball field lip by regrading the area of concern and reseeding the locations in need of new turf.
- We are coordinating the installation of an outfield fence, whereby the City will bore holes for the sleeves needed for new fencing.
- The backstop as been repainted.
- We have worked to identify ways for installing a new batting cage adjacent to the baseball field.
During the next few weeks, we will continue to coordinate maintenance improvements as MYBL gets ready for their opening day! Many thanks to our Public Works team for their efforts in this area, and please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about this matter.
CalTrans Right-of-Way Clean-Up On Evergreen Avenue Set To Begin!
During the past few weeks, staff has been in contact with our counterparts at CalTrans as we have urged them to coordinate clean-up efforts in their right-of-way along both Evergreen Avenue and Central Avenue. This past week, we received word that CalTrans has agreed to schedule maintenance activities along Evergreen Avenue, and their efforts will focus initially on the area between Mayflower Avenue and Primrose Avenue. We will be sure to monitor this clean-up effort and will continue to work with CalTrans on this maintenance effort.