Visit this page for construction and related notices for work occurring in Monrovia.
Note that while the City strives to provide you with the most up-to-date information, construction schedules are subject to change with little or no notice for various reasons, including, but not limited to, weather conditions and unforeseen delays.
Monrovia Renewal Related Construction
Monrovia Renewal is the largest public works project in the City's history, making citywide repairs where they are most needed to our water and sewer pipelines, water facilities, streets, sidewalks, curbs, and gutters. Visit the Monrovia Renewal page to learn more.
Monrovia Renewal South Section Infrastructure Improvements - Work for Week of September 17, 2018
This week, the following work will take place in the Monrovia Renewal South Section:
- Continuation of removal and replacement of concrete curb, gutter, sidewalk and driveway approaches:
- Encino Avenue
- Continuation of storm drain work:
- El Dorado Avenue and Diamond Street
If Construction is in Your Neighborhood, Be on the Lookout for These Notices!
Advance notices will be distributed to residents and business owners in the areas where work will take place. Parking restrictions have been posted in the areas where parking will be impacted, pursuant to the following notification process:
How and when will you be notified? The contracting team will distribute notices on the following schedule, which will vary by the specific work in each location:
- Initial Notice - All residents and businesses in the construction area to inform them of pending work.
- Five Day Notice - Specific notices will be delivered to the impacted areas five (5) days prior to work commencing. This notice will outline the work taking place, overview the schedule, and provide information on the associated impacts, such as parking restrictions or driveway access.
- Two Day Notice - A final notice will be provided two days before the activity begins to remind folks of the coming work and impacts.
We appreciate your patience and support while we work to execute these improvements throughout our community! If you have any questions regarding these improvements, please contact the Public Works Division at (626) 932-5575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trees to be Removed and Replaced Related to Monrovia Renewal Work
Throughout the City, a number of trees have been identified as being problematic due to their health and condition, as well as the impact they are having on the infrastructure. These trees have been assessed for their overall health and condition and for opportunities to minimize their impact on the infrastructure (such as root pruning or installing root barriers). The ultimate goal is to preserve as many trees as possible; however, in situations when the health of the tree is declining and the trees are impacting the infrastructure, a decision has been made to remove then in coordination with ongoing or upcoming Monrovia Renewal construction activity.
As part of the replacement of the sidewalk, the tree wells will be left intact so that new trees can be planted back in their place. The Field Services team is working to identify suitable replacement trees and will work to replace them when the construction is complete and the planting season is desirable.
As the work in this section progresses, we will be sure to keep you updated on any developments. As always, we thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to execute this project! Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Public Works Division at (626) 932-5575 or email@example.com.
Repair Work Starting this Week on the Pedestrian Overhead Bridge that Crosses Huntington Drive, Intermittent Closures of Huntington Drive will Occur Through September 19, 2018
Starting this week, Jorgensen-Reeve Builders (JRB), working on behalf of Samuelson and Fetter, will be performing maintenance and repair work on the overhead pedestrian bridge located at East Huntington Drive, between 602 E. Huntington Drive and 605 E. Huntington Drive. The work efforts will begin Monday, September 10, 2018, and are scheduled to be completed by September 19, 2018. Each day, JRB will be working between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., from Monday through Friday only.
Of particular note, commuters should expect temporary closures of east and west bound lanes on Huntington Drive during the maintenance work, however, the lane closures will be done in multiple phases to lessen traffic impacts. More details are provided below and in the included construction notice.
- What: Repair work of existing pedestrian bridge
- When: September 10 - September 19
- Where: On East Huntington Drive, in between 602 East Huntington Drive and 605 East Huntington Drive
- What to Expect:
- Daytime repair work of overhead pedestrian bridge in between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Daytime work will require closures for both East and West bound lanes. Closures will be done in multiple phases.
- Please note that the work is weather permitting and subject to change.
Should you have any questions, please contact Public Works at (626) 932-5575.