Need to catch the bus? We’ll get you headed in the right direction.
Buses in our area are operated by Foothill Transit. Recently, Foothill Transit has made changes to the lines serving our area and instituted fare changes. To learn more about these changes, visit their website.
Foothill Transit Line 270 - North / South via Primrose Avenue / Myrtle Avenue / Peck Road
Line 270 serves Monrovia, Irwindale, and El Monte. Destinations include Old Town Monrovia, Station Square, Peck Road Park, Norwood Library, and the Rio Hondo Bike Path.
Foothill Transit Line 187 - East / West via Huntington Drive
Line 187 serves Pasadena, Arcadia, Duarte, Azusa, Glendora, La Verne, San Dimas, Claremont, and Montclair. Visit one of the many popular destinations located along line 187 such as Claremont Village, Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden, Citrus College, Duarte Bike Trail, Old Town Monrovia, Westfield Santa Anita, Pasadena City College, Old Town Pasadena, and Pasadena Museum of California Art.
Foothill Transit Tips for Transfers
Transferring To Other Agencies
- Transfers to other agencies are available for purchase when you pay the full fare at time of boarding. Please request the transfer before paying your fare.
- Transfers for adults and students are $0.50 and transfers for seniors, persons with disabilities, and Medicare discounts are $0.25. Transfers purchased on Foothill Transit buses ARE NOT valid on Foothill Transit buses. Customers will receive a paper transfer for use on OCTA and OmniTrans. Review transfer policies for other agencies to identify any upcharges. Click here to learn more.
Transferring To Metro Rail at the Gold Line Station?
- Gates at Metro Rail stations only accept TAP transfers.
- Single-use paper TAP transfers for the Metro Gold Line are available on Lines 187 and 690 for customers paying cash and connecting to the Metro Rail.
- Single use TAP transfers are not valid on any bus. To request a single use TAP transfer, ask the bus operator for a “rail transfer”. Unlike the regular TAP card, the single-use TAP transfer cannot be reloaded or reused.
Bus Passes at the Community Center
MTA and Foothill Transit bus passes are available for purchase at the Community Center at 119 W. Palm Avenue. Feel free to stop by in person or give us a call (626) 256-8246. Check out the handout below showing prices based on the type of fare:
- Bus Pass Information Handout (includes information on Discount Bus Passes)