Monrovia Transit (Dial-A-Ride) to Require Advanced Registration as of February 2019
Beginning this February, Monrovia Transit will become a closed system for ADA passengers only. This change is being made to ensure the ADA accessible vehicles are reserved for those who need special accommodations.
All passengers with ADA-related needs wishing to take advantage of this service will need to complete a short, one-time application to register.
- Passenger must be 18 years or older, or accompanied by an adult.
- Passenger must have a disability that requires them to use an ADA accessible vehicle.
- Passenger must provide current proof of disability eligibility.
Please complete the one-page application, including providing back-up documentation showing disability eligibility, sign the waiver, and return both to the Community Center (119 W. Palm Avenue).
Please contact Adriana Marin at the Community Center at (626) 256-8234 or send her an email.
Monrovia Transit Service Area
Our service area includes the City of Monrovia, Bradbury, unincorporated parts of Los Angeles County adjacent to Monrovia, and Target in Duarte (a designated transfer point to Duarte Transit). We’ll also take passengers to medical appointments at physician’s offices within three miles of the City's limits, as well as the City of Hope.
Once you've registered, call (626) 358-3538 to book your next trip.
Our dial-a-ride service is available to serve those riders with ADA-related needs. Each of the City's shuttle vans is clearly marked with the Monrovia Transit logo and features an ADA-approved wheelchair lift. Our shuttles do not follow a fixed route or schedule. Similar to an airport shuttle van, you may share a ride with other passengers and make a few stops before reaching your destination.
If you do not have a smart phone, you can call our dispatch service to book a ride with Lyft and you will be sent text messages with the driver and vehicle information, the estimated time of arrival, and when the driver has arrived.
Call (626) 358-3538 to make a reservation for same day service or trips up to one week in advance.
Who can use dial-a-ride?
Monrovia Transit is available to all residents and visitors who have ADA-related needs, have registered in advance, and are traveling within our service area.
Our shuttle vans are equipped with ADA-approved wheelchair lifts to help meet the needs of people with disabilities. This service is provided for those who are unable to ride on Lyft vehicles through the GoMonrovia program.
Please note that children under the age of 18 who need to use dial-a-ride must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Dial-A-Ride Hours of Service
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Closed on major holidays, including New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Trips on dial-a-ride cost $0.50 for all passengers!
- Passenger's Aides (must be age 16+) and children under age 2 ride for free.
- Passenger must pay with exact change at the time of boarding.
How do I schedule a trip?
Call (626) 358-3538 and provide the operator the following information:
- Your name and telephone number
- Your pick up time and location
- You can book a trip up to one week in advance! We'll pick you up no earlier than 5 minutes before and no later than 10 minutes after the scheduled time. If we don't, your ride is free.
- We require 24-hour notice for out-of-town medical trips.
- Standing reservations can be booked if you take the same trip each week.
- Your drop off time and location
- Your return trip time and location
- Any special needs you may have (e.g., you’re accompanied by an aide, or you’re in a wheelchair)
If you need to cancel, please call (626) 358-3538 to be courteous of other passengers.