Monrovia Transit Now Requires Advanced Registration
Monrovia Transit is now a closed system for ADA passengers only. This change was made to ensure the ADA accessible vehicles are reserved for those who need special accommodations.
All passengers with ADA-related needs wishing to take advantage of this service will need to complete a short, one-time application to register.
- Passenger must be 18 years or older, or accompanied by an adult.
- Passenger must have a disability that requires them to use an ADA accessible vehicle.
- Passenger must provide current proof of disability eligibility.
Please complete the one-page application, including providing back-up documentation showing disability eligibility, sign the waiver, and return both to the Community Center (119 W. Palm Avenue).
New Standing Reservation Policy
In response to passenger feedback and to increase the availability of rides for all passengers, as of June 1, 2019, standing reservations will be limited to medical appointments only.
Medical appointments can be made up to one month in advance. All other reservations can be made 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, same-day service may be available upon request. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we continue working to enhance this service.
Please contact Adriana Marin at the Community Center at (626) 256-8234 or send her an email.
How do I schedule a trip?
Call (626) 358-3538 and provide the operator the following information:
- Your name and telephone number
- Your pick up time and location
- Standing reservations are for medical appointments only and can be made up to one month in advance.
- All non-medical reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, same-day service may be available upon request.
- We'll pick you up no earlier than 5 minutes before and no later than 10 minutes after the scheduled time. If we don't, your ride is free.
- Your drop off time and location
- Your return trip time and location
- Any special needs you may have (e.g., you’re accompanied by an aide, or you’re in a wheelchair)
If you need to cancel, please call (626) 358-3538 to be courteous of other passengers.
- Trips on dial-a-ride cost $0.50 for all passengers!
- Passenger's Aides (must be age 16+) and children under age 2 ride for free.
- Passenger must pay with exact change at the time of boarding.
Dial-A-Ride Hours of Service
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Closed on major holidays, including New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Once you've registered, call (626) 358-3538 to book your next trip.
Our dial-a-ride service is available to serve individuals with disabilities. Each of the City's shuttle vans is clearly marked with the Monrovia Transit logo and features an ADA-approved wheelchair lift. Our shuttles do not follow a fixed route or schedule. Similar to an airport shuttle van, you may share a ride with other passengers and make a few stops before reaching your destination.
If you do not have a smart phone, you can call our dispatch service to book a ride with Lyft and you will be sent text messages with the driver and vehicle information, the estimated time of arrival, and when the driver has arrived.
Call (626) 358-3538 to make a reservation for same day service or trips up to one week in advance.
Smaller Vehicles Being Tested on Monrovia Transit
Staff has evaluated our current operations and will be testing out smaller, more efficient vehicles in order to enhance our response times, improve accessibility into vehicles, and provide premier service. Staff will be starting a trial period over the next 30 days to determine if the smaller vehicles are right for Monrovia Transit.
Operation hours and service will remain the same with the only change being the type of vehicle. Each vehicle will be an Ameri-Van, equipped with a wheel chair ramp and space for two standard seats. The vehicles will have the familiar Monrovia Transit logo and phone number for passengers to easily identify the vehicles when they arrive. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Public Works at (626) 932-5575.
Monrovia Transit Service Area
Our service area includes the City of Monrovia, Bradbury, unincorporated parts of Los Angeles County adjacent to Monrovia, and Target in Duarte (a designated transfer point to Duarte Transit). We’ll also take passengers to medical appointments at physician’s offices within three miles of the City's limits, as well as the City of Hope.
Who can use dial-a-ride?
Monrovia Transit is available to all residents and visitors who have disabilities, have registered in advance, and are traveling within our service area.
Our shuttle vans are equipped with ADA-accessible wheelchair lifts to help meet the needs of individuals with disabilities. This service is provided for those who are unable to ride on Lyft vehicles through the GoMonrovia program.