Construction & Demolition Debris

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Recycling & Reuse Program

Construction and Demolition (C&D) debris consists of the materials generated during the construction, renovation and demolition of buildings, roads and bridges. C&D debris often contains bulky, heavy materials that include concrete, wood, asphalt, gypsum, metals, brick, glass, plastic, doors, windows, plumbing fixtures, tree stumps, earth and rock from cleaning sites that can be recycled rather than be landfilled.

Recycling C&D debris conserves landfill space, reduces the environmental impact of producing new materials, creates jobs, and can reduce overall building project expenses through avoided purchase/disposal costs.

The City of Monrovia has implemented a Construction & Demolition Recycling program to assist any individual, firm or company with construction, demolition or renovation projects within the city. To get started, a Waste Management Plan (WMP) must be completed and submitted to the Public Works department. A performance security must be paid in the amount of $0.20 per square foot or $250, whichever is greater.

The diversion requirements for all projects shall be 50% of the materials generated by the entire C&D project. Once the project is complete,  a Waste Management Report (WMR) indicating the quantities of material recycled, along with receipts or weight tickets may be submitted. If the WMR indicates that all diversion requirements were met, the performance security will be refunded.

Please contact the Public Services Department for more information at (626) 932-5575.

City of Monrovia C&D Recycling Program

  • Visit the Public Services Department or call (626) 932-5575
  • Request a C&D Recycling Packet
  • Submit a Waste Management Plan (WMP)
  • Submit Performance Security
  • Divert 50% of Construction and Demolition material from your project
  • Submit a Waste Management Report (WMR) containing receipts/weight tickets
  • Refund of Performance Security

Remember to return all forms to the Public Services Department for a complete refund. If you have any questions please contact Public Services at (626) 932-5575.

Supporting Documents & Links