Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
Thinking about what to do with left over paints, solvents, pesticides, used motor oil, used oil filters, batteries, fluorescent bulbs, and household cleaners? The following are locations that you can dispose of various types of household hazardous waste for Free!
LA County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events and SAFE Centers - for more information visit 888CleanLA.com or call (888) CLEAN-LA.
Athens Services - for more information call (888) 336-6100.
- For Latex Paint recycling please visit PaintCare.org for the list of locations that accept paint.
- Household Batteries may be recycled at various locations in Monrovia including Digitech - 447 E. Foothill, Kattywompus/Dollmakers - 412 S. Myrtle Ave and Golden West Supply Army/Navy Store - 626 S. Myrtle Ave. Remember to tape the battery terminals before recycling.
- Medical Waste may be taken to the LA County Sheriff Temple City Substation located at 8838 Las Tunas Drive. There is a drop box available 24/7. Please call (626) 448-9861 for more information.
- Medical waste may also be taken to a LA County Household Hazardous Waste Events.
- Sharps (Syringes, Lancets and Needles) may be dropped off at the Monrovia Health Center located a 330 W. Maple Avenue, on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. only. Please call (626) 256-1642 for more information. If you need a container please visit either City Hall or the Public Works Yard offices for a FREE container.
Contact Public Works at (626) 932-5575.